The FASoS Teaching & Learning Blog offers teaching staff a platform for the exchange of ideas, best practices and opinions. Blog posts discuss particular challenges and situations in problem-based learning, novel ways of testing, use of digital tools, interactive lecturing, and so on.
Blog posts ideally should:
- Be between 500-800 words in length.
- Be submitted with a catchy title and a short summary of the central argument.
- Be submitted with a picture and a short bio of the author(s).
- Be submitted in British English, using ‘s’ instead of ‘z’.
- Be accessible, with specialist academic language kept to a minimum.
- Be communicated in a straightforward and readable manner, using active and engaging language (first person is preferable) to bring a particular topic to life.
- Be nuanced, in the sense of fostering a balanced and informed understanding of teaching and learning in higher education, in general, and at FASoS, in particular.
- Contain examples, such as assignment texts, slides, and pictures, where appropriate.
- Contain links to academic articles, news features or related blog posts.
- Contain suggestions for further reading and/or links to related faculty or university events.
Do you have any questions? Would you like to contribute? Please write to Patrick Bijsmans (firstname.lastname@example.org), Diede Diederiks (email@example.com) and Mirko Reithler (firstname.lastname@example.org).